Out of the Box 01: GBWC 2017 Philippine Qualifiers

“Yay!~”
It was another fun experience and achievement for me to attend the GBWC 2017 here in Philippines. This is the Philippines Qualifiers and there were lots of awesome entries this year. Unfortunately, the entries of some fellow builders I wanted to win didn’t get the spot. Still, seeing their work up-close gives me the motivation to continue my hobby.

Another mistake I made was letting  friend get the opportunity to meet Katsumi Kawaguchi. I already have a picture with him from last year's GBWC but it was a really stupid mistake not to grab another opportunity to get a handshake from him. Anyways, I can still aim for next year. I want to join the next GBWC as well but I still don’t have any ideas what kit to buy. :/

Sorry if I don’t have a lot of pictures but I will try to update this article once I fetch a few more. I saw the new ZZ ver Ka and the Hi Res but I don't have any pictures of it.. yet. This is also my first "Out of the Box" article. My plan with these articles are images from competitions and gatherings of fellow builders here in the Philippines. ( PPPPPAAAAAAAAAWEEEEERRR!!)

Thanks for Sir Paul Yasser and Cris Corpin for the pictures. 

























A few pics of the winners and those who get their items signed by the Meijin.... :)














Our group pic as usual :D





I also got a new kit to review...
"when you see it" ;) 


7 comments:

  1. Boss saan ginanap yan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sayang sa may magnolia lang pala malapit lang ako dun. Saan sunod ng event na ganyan sa pilipinas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same place pa rin for sure..
      Pero 1 year na naman ha hintayan ulit for GBWC 2018 hahaha

      Delete
  3. I've seen that Barbie with the wolf head on Gundam Kits Collection.
    note to self, Barbatos and Guns? not a great couple. hahaha
    I love that Red Barbie vs. White Bael with the Unicorn shields, reminds me of a certain alcoholic drink. haha
    a lot of great kits.
    and I think that the last photo, with a guy besides a barbatos is you, right? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's me xD
      I ordered a Barbatos Lupus Rex 1/100 FM from a friend and managed to get a schedule in the GBWC to pick it up.

      I will build the kit once I got my custom decals. I got the Strike Freedom ver MB of Daban Model so I will start with that and the Hi Nu ver Ka (Daban Model)

      Delete
    2. Oh, the group picture just above me is my first gunpla group in facebook. I learned a lot from them. :)

      The admins always try to schedule some meet-ups where you can show your kits (bootleg or bandai). They also plan some mini competitions or build-offs which is a great training for future GBWC's to come.

      Delete