The Poisoned 053-A: Barbatos Lupus SPIDERCRAB Brand (Runners)

I know, I know! I'm already late with the news about this! D:
Welp.. I'm really busy with my current job and I can't find a good time to stroll around Facebook and get the updates as soon as they are posted by other collectors/sellers.

Still, I want to post the update and share my thoughts about SpiderCrab's new model. First is the detailing of the model. Both outer armors and inner frame detailing looks great. The carvings are not as sharp as Bandai's, but it still gives a nice addition to the model's appearance. Not all of the armors will cover the Inner Frame so this is good. Other builders will probably paint some of these raised or etched surfaces so it will give an extra touch if the clear armors are used.

Second, will be about the clear parts. This is just my thoughts, but I think the reason why price is a little expensive is because they will include both colored and clear parts in the kit. If so, this is a not much of a big deal and you get the most out of your pocket. I don't have any news if SpiderCrab is planning to sell the 2nd batch kits where you can just buy either the colored one or the clear parts version in a single kit. I hope they will do this so the price will be reduced a bit.

For my third issue, it's about the metal parts and the free tools (long nose pliers and screwdriver). This is a really great offer if this is not a 1st batch premium. I also noticed the bolts/screws that you need to use for the inner frame. I have different opinions when it comes to putting screws in the pegs. They can either give you a nice sturdy model or they will be loose after some time. Still, this is my first time seeing a kit with free tools inside their package.

The fourth issue I noticed is not entirely a big "issue". It's about the "gates". Yes! I noticed that most of them are undergated which is good news to builders like me who can't handle long hours or cleaning or sanding part after part after part. But just because these parts are undergated doesn't mean it's a good thing. If the gates are connected to the surface that will be bared, that means you still need to clean it thoroughly otherwise a very irritating "nub mark" will take its place after cutting. This issue will also lead to the problem on my last comment.

Lastly would be the V-Fin. I am not talking about the clear part version. I see no problem with the detailing or with the proportion. I am just thinking that it's not a good match with the overall model's look. The other parts are not metallic or very glossy, so I am having second thoughts if its a good match. Or maybe it's just my taste. I am not sure if this received the undergate treatment or not. If yes, then it's going to be a problem. Yes! It's in a different coating so the nub marks will be very visible and I don't like it. It will be similar to Daban Model's Strike Freedom where the nubs are really hard to hide. >__<

Okay, so this kit has both negative and positive reviews. It's just now up to the builder how will they cover these issues. :)
I also hope I will be able to get some extra funds to review this kit.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment